Wednesday, September 22, 2010

 

Lying to God

Jonah 4:1-4 (ESV)
But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was angry. [2] And he prayed to the Lord and said, "O Lord, is not this what I said when I was yet in my country? That is why I made haste to flee to Tarshish; for I knew that you are a gracious God and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, and relenting from disaster. [3] Therefore now, O Lord, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live." [4] And the Lord said, "Do you do well to be angry?"


Here Jonah is lying to God and himself.
Excuses don't cut it.
Jonah is wrong.
His excuses don't hold water.
His anger has messed him up.
Should he be mad? NO
He should be glad they are saved.
Lord help me to think more like You-PASTOR JOE

Last night I heard a great message from Roger Couch-what a blessing, plus I saw once again some of the wonderful people from Jones Ave.
God is good.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Website Counter
Kennedy Western University Online