Tuesday, July 21, 2009

 

WHEN GOOD NEWS IS BAD

2 SAMUEL 1: 8. And he said unto me, Who art thou? And I answered him, I am an Amalekite. 9. He said unto me again, Stand, I pray thee, upon me, and slay me: for anguish is come upon me, because my life is yet whole in me. 10. So I stood upon him, and slew him, because I was sure that he could not live after that he was fallen: and I took the crown that was upon his head, and the bracelet that was on his arm, and have brought them hither unto my lord.
This man was giving David what he thought was good news with a slight twist-he made himself a hero, which was not true. He thought David would love the good news. A few moments later David had the man killed for David found this as bad news.
Let me point out that sometimes we are wrong. What we see as good, others may well see as bad. But the big question is-how does God see it?
Think about it-read your Bible-seek wise advice-pray-be careful. Is it good or bad? PASTOR JOE

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Website Counter
Kennedy Western University Online